Adrian Grenier, President Toledo of Peru confirmed as One Young World Environment Summit counsellors
A list of global figures will lend their stature and counsel to young leaders at the One Young World Environment Summit, which takes place May 19-21 in Tucson at the University of Arizona’s Biosphere 2
18 April 2016 - LONDON - A list of global figures will lend their stature and counsel to young leaders at the One Young World Environment Summit, which takes place May 19-21 in Tucson at the University of Arizona’s Biosphere 2. Counsellors at One Young World’s event will work with young leaders from around the world addressing challenges across the environmental field including changing weather patterns, food security and indigenous rights.
Counsellors for the One Young World Environment Summit include actor and activist Adrian Grenier; the first indigenous President of Peru, Alejandro Toledo; NASA Astronaut Ron Garan; CNN meteorologist Jennifer Gray, and Robert Swan OBE, the first man to walk to the North and South Poles.
Other Counsellors include Jayne Poynter and Taber MacCallum, two of the original “Biospherians” who lived in the Biosphere for two years from 1991 – 1993. This is the 25th Anniversary of the Biosphere, a “must see wonder of the world” which houses biomes such as a rainforest, a fog desert, mangroves and a coral reef under 3.14 acres of glass in the Sonoran desert.
One Young World is unique in giving delegates the opportunity to interact with some of the world’s leading politicians, business leaders and campaigners and opens up a platform empowering them to make lasting connections to drive positive change.
The One Young World Environment Summit is the first in the One Young World series to address one specific topic following six global events, which have attracted young leaders from over 196 countries, making One Young World the most international gathering of young people other than the Olympics.
Ella Robertson, Managing Director of One Young World Environment Summit, commented:
“We are thrilled to announce the initial list of speakers for the One Young World Environment Summit. It is a testimony to the draw of the energy and ideas of young people that experts from around the world are coming to share their knowledge with the One Young World audience. The setting of Biosphere 2, the world’s largest earth science lab, will inspire tangible action on environmental issues.”
The list of confirmed Counsellors attending the One Young World Environment Summit includes:
- Adrian Grenier, Actor and Co-Founder of SHFT.com
- Alexander Verbeek, Founder of the Planetary Security Conference, diplomat and security advisor
- Charlene Wheeless, Principal Vice President of Global Corporate Affairs, Bechtel
- Christine Milne, Environmentalist, former Leader of Australian Green Party and retired Australian Senator
- Hugh Welsh, President and General Counsel DSM North America
- Jan Pronk, Professor, veteran of Dutch Politics and President of the Kyoto Protocol
- Jane Poynter, CEO World View Enterprises Inc, former Biospherian
- Jennifer Gray, CNN Meteorologist
- Joaquin Ruiz, director of University of Arizona Biosphere 2, dean of the UA College of Science, and Thomas R. Brown Distinguished Professor
- John Baker, Managing Director of WildAid
- John Kao, Author of Innovation Nation and CEO of Edgemakers
- John Schulz, AVP Sustainability Operations, AT&T
- Sir Jonathon Porritt, Founder Director of Forum For The Future
- Ken Kragen, Legendary Pop Music Manager of We Are The World and Hands Across America
- Leyla Acaroglu, Founder and Director of Eco Innovators & Disrupt Design, creative force for positive sustainability-led change
- Margie Alt, Executive Director, Environment America
- Miranda Johnson, Environment Correspondent, The Economist
- Nicolas Ibarguen, Environment correspondent, Fusion and Univision
- Phillip Barlag, Executive Director, World 50
- President Alejandro Toledo, first indigenous President of Peru
- Robert Swan OBE, Polar explorer, environmentalist and the first man ever to walk unsupported to both the North and South Poles
- Ron Garan, Former NASA Astronaut and Humanitarian
- Taber MacCallum, Chief Technology Officer of World View Enterprises & Co-founder of Paragon Space Development Corporation, former Biospherian
More confirmed Counsellors will be announced closer to the event. For more information, visit www.oneyoungworld.com