Sustainable Investment Forum North America - Part 1
Mobilising sustainable investment towards a 1.5 °C world
About this event
Thursday, 24 September 2020
Morning session: 09.00 AM -11.00 (EDT)
Afternoon session: 12.00 PM - 01.00 PM (EDT)
Core Discussion Points:
- Why is asset owner action on climate change a crucial part of meaningful and impactful climate action?
- What does strong investor engagement look like; is there a role for divestment?
- Where do policy-makers fit into the picture? Can decarbonization be effective without strong government support?
- 2050 vision: What does a decarbonized world look like?
- Understanding the social, political, and economic impacts- will climate change be pushed the back of the geopolitical agenda?
- Can sustainable business practices be encouraged through integrated capitalism?
- Globalization and the pressure for change: evaluate strategies in line with geopolitical trends
- Examining the impact of a loss of biodiversity- the importance of collaboration across financial services
- Mainstreaming ESG- driving the climate change agenda
- Will more central banks and SWFs seek safe-haven assets in times of economic uncertainty?
- Eric Usher, Head, UNEP Finance Initiative
- Günther Thallinger, Chair, UN-convened Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance, Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE
- Barbara Boigegrain, CEO, Wespath
- Charles Emond, CEO, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
- Nili Gilbert, Chairwoman of the Investment Committee, David Rockefeller Fund
- Pedro Guazo, Representative of the Secretary-General, UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
- Margaret Kuhlow, Interim Global Conservation Director, WWF International
- Terry Heymann, CFO, World Gold Council
- Jeff Gitterman, Co-Founding Partner, Gitterman Wealth Management
- Dawn M. Martin, Executive Vice President and Chief Program Officer, Ceres
- Lauren Smart, Managing Director, Global Head of ESG, Trucost, part of S&P Global
Sagarika Chatterjee, Director of Climate Change, PRI & COP26 High-level Champions – finance lead
Dawn M. Martin, Executive Vice President and Chief Program Officer, Ceres
Dr. Ben Caldecott
About the Forum:
The Largest Finance Forum During Climate Week NYC.
Due to COVID-19 and the unpredictability of holding physical events in the short term, the fifth edition of the Sustainable Investment Forum North America, in official partnership with UNEP-FI will launch as a virtual event on September 24 during Climate Week NYC. Our Forum is recognized as one of the leading events for attracting asset owners with more than USD $3 trillion in assets under management and complements the UN Climate Action Summit focuses on sustainable finance. Whilst providing unparalleled live and on-demand content during a 3-week period, our virtual event platform will also facilitate a comprehensive virtual meeting space for 5,000+ attendees in the finance community during Climate Week New York and beyond. For more information download the event brochure here.
Official Event Partner: