Sustainable Investment Forum Europe - Part 4
Responsible investing in a low return, low carbon environment
About this event
PART 4 | Responsible investing in a low return, low carbon environment
Tuesday, 22 September 2020
Morning Session: 9:00 - 10:45 AM (GMT+1)
Afternoon Session: 2:00 - 3:30 PM (GMT+1)
Core Discussion Points:
- Examining how the EU has committed to embed climate change considerations into the post-pandemic financial recovery packages- do you expect all government sustainability packages to incorporate sustainability issues in a certain time frame?
- UNEP FI: Principles for Responsible Banking: One year on
- How are investors looking beyond climate?
- Examining environmental risk mitigation for businesses and their clients in terms of the wider societal impact: the impact of COVID-19
- Examining the need for financial institutions to have a clear understanding of potential environmental and social risks and the implications for a client’s operations pre-transaction?
- Martin Spolc, Head of the Sustainable Finance Unit, European Commission
- Johan Torgeby, CEO SEB
- Christos Megalou, CEO, Piraeus bank
- Ms Lidia Simonova -Chairman of the Executive Board, Center-invest Bank
- Ibrahim Öztop, CEO, Development and Investment Bank of Turkey (TKYB)
- Mardi McBrien, Managing Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB)
- Sasja Beslik, Managing Director & Head of Sustainable Finance, J.Safra Sarasin Bank
- Rodolphe Bocquet, Global Head of ESG, Qontigo Stoxx
- Carlos Hank González, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Grupo Financiero Banorte
Simone Dettling, Banking Lead, UNEP FI
Jessica Smith, Ecosystems Lead, UNEP FI
Dr. Ben Caldecott
About the Forum:
In response to COVID-19 and the unpredictability of holding physical events in the short term, the Sustainable Investment Forum Europe 2020, in official partnership with UNEP-FI returns during 8-22 September as a 4-part digital event series, running weekly for one month – WATCH LIVE OR ON-DEMAND. Climate Action is committed to enabling debate, encouraging dialogue and collaboration to lay the foundations for sustainable finance, and we’ll provide an online environment for over 1,000 attendees to engage with the sustainable finance community in these unprecedented times. For more information download the event brochure here.
Official Event Partner: