Sustainable Investment Forum North America - Part 2
Mobilising sustainable investment towards a 1.5 °C world
About this event
Thursday, 1 October 2020
09.00 AM-10.30 AM (EDT)
View Full Agenda
Core Discussion Points:
- Is now the time to invest in financial resilience programmes?
- The Global Economic Outlook - Are national legislative practices impeding meaningful action towards climate change?
- Is there a need to be better prepared to respond and recover post-pandemic - should all financial systems be aligned with climate risk resilience programmes?
- Is prioritising the SDGs an opportunity to engage with influential emerging consumers and incorporate innovative new technologies?
- Creating immediate value for the industry coupled with long-term social and economic benefits for the world?
- UN SDGs versus financial value and returns- is ESG an important driver of long-term returns?
- Should assessing risk and opportunities of climate change should be a core part of the investment process?
- How to contend with greenwashing and impact washing - identifying whether new funds labelled as meeting the UN SDGs have in reality allocated capital in sustainable portfolios
- Sustainable finance continues to be impeded by the lack of good quality data and benchmarking as well as transparency
- Using strategic asset allocation to manage the transition towards a 1.5c aligned portfolio - How can climate change risks be fully understood and integrated into the decision-making process?
- Olga Emelianova, Executive Director, ESG Research MSCI
- Terry Heymann, CFO, World Gold Council
- Bertrand Walckenaer, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of AFD, Agence française de développement (French Development Agency)
- Elliott Harris, Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development and Chief Economist, United Nations
- Rosa van den Beemt, Vice President, Responsible Investment Analyst, BMO Global Asset Management
Dustyn Lanz, CEO, Responsible Investment Association, Canada
Dr. Ben Caldecott
About the Forum: The Largest Finance Forum During Climate Week NYC.
Due to COVID-19 and the unpredictability of holding physical events in the short term, the fifth edition of the Sustainable Investment Forum North America, in official partnership with UNEP-FI will launch as a virtual event on September 24 during Climate Week NYC. Our Forum is recognised as one of the leading events for attracting asset owners with more than USD $3 trillion in assets under management and complements the UN Climate Action Summit focus on sustainable finance. Whilst providing unparalleled live and on-demand content during a 3-week period, our virtual event platform will also facilitate a comprehensive virtual meeting space for 5,000+ attendees in the finance community during Climate Week New York and beyond. For more information download the event brochure here.
Official Event Partner: