Hydrogen Transition Summit
23 & 25 FEB | Shifting to a Hydrogen Economy: A Roadmap to Reality
About this Summit
An increasing number of nations are including hydrogen as a key aspect of their transition strategies, with some already having dedicated hydrogen plans. As governments are due to submit their updated Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) ahead of COP26, hydrogen will play a critical role in meeting 2030 targets and beyond.
The Hydrogen Transition Summit was presented in 4 sessions over 2 days exploring the role of clean hydrogen as a key driver of the transition to net-zero. The Summit brought together stakeholders from across the policy, investment, technology and regulation spectrum to discuss the key action points needed in order to make the hydrogen economy a reality.
SESSION 1 | 23 February 2021 | 10:00 – 11:15 GMT
The Hydrogen Economy: Vital to the Energy Transition?
SESSION 2 | 23 February 2021 | 14:00 – 15:10 GMT
What’s Stopping the Hydrogen Economy from Being a Reality?
SESSION 3 | 25 February 2021 | 10:00 – 11:15 GMT
What are the Vital Steps to Shift to a Hydrogen Economy?
SESSION 4 | 25 February 2021 | 14:00 – 15:10 GMT
Time to Act: Creating the Roadmap to Reality
- Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Shiva Dustdar, Head of Innovation Finance, European Investment Bank
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, Secretary General, Hydrogen Europe
- Ita Kettleborough, Deputy-Director, Energy Transitions Commission
- Francesco La Camera, Director General, IRENA
- Max Correa Achurra, Head of the Fuels and New Energy Division, Ministry of Energy, Chile
- Babul Supriyo, Honourable Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India
- Bart Biebuyk, Executive Director, The Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU)
About Transition Summits
The Transition Summits are a collection of high-level, 2-day virtual gatherings with each focusing on a specific sector transition: Hydrogen, Industry, Transport and Energy.
The Summits bring together key stakeholders driving sustainable and net-zero transition from policy and regulation to innovation, technology and investment. This is the ideal platform for investors, project developers, policymakers and innovators to share insights and expertise on key transition trends and opportunities.
These are highly sophisticated, 4-session events hosted on a professional virtual platform designed for our audience to network, connect and explore new opportunities within these specific sector transitions.
In collaboration with: