Reimagine Series: Nature-based Solutions
4 JUNE | Nature-Based Economy, Oceans and the Blue Economy, Regenerative Agriculture
Reimagine Series - Nature Week
Reducing global emissions is essential to mitigate the threats of climate change but not sufficient to tackle the entire challenge. Protecting and restoring our plant is the other half of the solution. Nature is the life support system for people, the planet and for profit.
Nature-Based Solutions are increasingly recognised as a critical component of climate mitigation and adaptation. For the private sector, national and local governments, Intergovernmental organisations and environmentalists alike, a growing recognition of our natural capital is resulting in exponential benefits for communities, businesses and climate change.
To mark World Environment Day 2021 and to launch the Roadmap to COP26 Reimagine Series, we bring you Nature Week: Investing in life's support system, a 1-day programme designed to identify the barriers of implementation and create key action points to progress the nature-based solutions agenda ahead of COP26.
Session 1 - Economies in balance with nature: The opportunity, tools and data-based solutions
- What role will nature-based solutions play in reaching targets outlined in the Paris Agreements?
- What is preventing NBS from moving forward for land and seascapes?
- Understanding the link between thriving natural ecosystems and business resilience.
- Quantifying and mapping our natural dependencies: how to make the case for investment in nature
- Restoring balance across agricultural supply chains
Session 2 - Mitigating trade-offs and risks from investment in nature-based solutions
- What are the options for businesses owners and investors looking to support NBS for climate?
- How do we develop a meaningful and impactful carbon offset market that revives, restores and protects nature?
- Pipeline policy and regulation: what to watch for and how to navigate it
Session 3 - Putting an “N” in ESG: How do we mainstream investment into companies taking nature-based solutions seriously?
- What do financiers and investors need to scale investment into portfolios that protect and restore earth’s natural systems?
- Identifying companies, funds and portfolios with NBS that offer real and competitive returns on investment
- How to navigate the sea of ESG to find genuinely bankable portfolios, funds and projects
- Standardising ESG accounting, reporting and measuring to compare investment risks and returns across assets
About the Reimagine Series
When it comes to tackling climate change there are certain challenges that will require us to think differently and take a drastically new approach. The Reimagine Series is a collection of digital events exploring some of the greatest climate, sustainability, nature and biodiversity challenges we face and the solutions that exist to meeting them. Aligned to key dates in the climate and environment calendar, these short, sharp, high impact 1-day events exploring the ways we can rethink our approach to meet these challenges