Sustainable Investment Forum North America - Part 4
Mobilising sustainable investment towards a 1.5 °C world
About this event
Thursday, 15 October 2020
Morning session: 09.00 AM -10.30 AM (EST)
Afternoon session: 12.00 PM - 01.15 PM (EST)
Core Discussion Points:
- Meeting the ESG challenge- index investing to minimize ESG risk
- Short-termism versus long-termism - how to create a culture of investment to include ESG with traditional financial returns - examining the impact of COVID-19
- Economic measures must be evaluated not only according to their overall macroeconomic impact but also their ability to support other priorities critical to public wellbeing and long-term economic strength, such as combating inequality and enabling the low-carbon transition.
- Short term: ensuring responsible ESG approaches are at the forefront of investor portfolios
- How can investors ensure that during the recovery phase that financial systems function to secure sustainable outcomes?
- How to ensure engagement with companies, governments, and investors
- Financially material ESG factors can have a significant impact- both positive and negative - on ESG portfolio construction, revenue growth, required capital, and effective risk management.
- Andrew Steel Global Head, Sustainable Finance, Fitch Ratings
- Tom Kehoe, Managing Director & Global Head of Research & Communications, AIMA
- Mamadou- Abou Sarr, President and Chief Executive Officer, V-Square Quantitative Management
- Dr. C. Adam Schlosser, Senior Research Scientist, Center for Global Change Science, MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change
- Dr. George Serafeim, Professor of Business Administration & Chair of the Impact-Weighted Accounts Project, Harvard Business School
- Ivan Frishberg, Director of Impact Policy, Amalgamated Bank & Member of the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF)
Bill Parsons, COO, American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE)
Dr. Ben Caldecott
About the Forum:
The Largest Finance Forum During Climate Week NYC.
Due to COVID-19 and the unpredictability of holding physical events in the short term, the fifth edition of the Sustainable Investment Forum North America, in official partnership with UNEP-FI will launch as a virtual event on September 24 during Climate Week NYC. Our Forum is recognized as one of the leading events for attracting asset owners with more than USD $3 trillion in assets under management and complements the UN Climate Action Summit focuses on sustainable finance. Whilst providing unparalleled live and on-demand content during a 3-week period, our virtual event platform will also facilitate a comprehensive virtual meeting space for 5,000+ attendees in the finance community during Climate Week New York and beyond. For more information download the event brochure here.
Official Event Partner: