Sustainable Investment Forum North America - Part 4
Mobilising sustainable investment towards a 1.5 °C world
About this event
Thursday, 15 October 2020
09.00 AM-11.30 AM (EDT)
Core Discussion Points:
Separating fact from greenwashing
Meeting the ESG challenge- index investing to minimize ESG risk
Short termism versus long termism- how to create a culture of investment to include ESG with traditional financial returns- examining the impact of COVID-19
Financially material ESG factors can have a significant impact- both positive and negative - on ESG portfolio construction, revenue growth, required capital and effective risk management.
The role of quant, big data, and AI in improving transparency in ESG in a post pandemic economy
Has COVID -19 refocused sustainable finance and is there greater emphasis now on the S of ESG?
- Andrew Steel Global Head, Sustainable Finance, Fitch Ratings
- Nathalie Wallace, ESG Investment Strategist, State Street Global Advisors
- Tom Kehoe, Managing Director & Global Head of Research & Communications, AIMA
- Rev. Kirsten Snow Spalding, Senior Program Director, InvestorNetwork, Ceres
- Mamadou- Abou Sarr, President and Chief Executive Officer, V-Square Quantitative Management
- Dr. C. Adam Schlosser, Senior Research Scientist, Center for Global Change Science, MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change
- Rob Zochowski, Program Director and Senior Researcher for Multi-Faculty Sustainability and Impact Investing, Harvard Business School
- Ivan Frishberg, Director of Impact Policy, Amalgamated Bank & Member of the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF)
- Dr Gita R. Rao, Senior Lecturer in Finance, MIT Sloan
Bill Parsons, COO, American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE)
Sunil Misser, CEO, AccountAbility
Dr. Ben Caldecott
About the Forum:
The Largest Finance Forum During Climate Week NYC.
Due to COVID-19 and the unpredictability of holding physical events in the short term, the fifth edition of the Sustainable Investment Forum North America, in official partnership with UNEP-FI will launch as a virtual event on September 24 during Climate Week NYC. Our Forum is recognized as one of the leading events for attracting asset owners with more than USD $3 trillion in assets under management and complements the UN Climate Action Summit focuses on sustainable finance. Whilst providing unparalleled live and on-demand content during a 3-week period, our virtual event platform will also facilitate a comprehensive virtual meeting space for 5,000+ attendees in the finance community during Climate Week New York and beyond. For more information download the event brochure here.
Official Event Partner: