Climate Innovation Forum 2021
Connecting leaders in policy, finance and innovation to drive the UK’s net zero transition
About this event
The Climate Innovation Forum returned for the third year, as a digital event during London Climate Action Week, to build critical momentum ahead of COP26. The 3-day agenda focused on the UK’s Ten Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution – exploring how we can build back better, support green jobs, and accelerate our path to net zero.
The Forum reviewed London and the UK’s progress in reaching net zero, the successes and the failures and what needs to be done to raise our ambition. It also explored the importance of clean air in London and the health implications of air pollution, in partnership with the UN Breathe Life Campaign.
The Forum convened 5,000 senior policymakers from local authorities, national UK government, investors, climate-tech solution providers, heads of sustainability from FTSE 500 companies, and NGO’s in order to close the gap between ambition and action.150 world-class speakers provided compelling keynotes, contributed to high-level panel sessions and deep-dive industry tracks, and joined interactive roundtables.
- 3 days. 50 hours of content
- Live polling & peer-to-peer networking
- Interactive Climate Boardrooms & exhibition
- Broadcast live from London & available on demand
The event mission was to promote:
- Policy: Effective policies at a local, regional and national level that link fiscal stimulus and economic recovery to the UK’s net-zero target.
- Innovation: To advance, accelerate and scale low carbon innovations and infrastructure projects for green, clean and resilient recovery.
- Investment: The advantages and returns for public and private green investment strategies.
In order to help:
- Develop effective policy approaches across national, regional and local governments for economic stimulus that aligns with net-zero ambitions
- Connect the businesses and climate innovators to public sector investment for a net-zero future
- Promote the integration of sustainability and low carbon strategies into economic recovery planning
- Accelerate green jobs as a means for economic recovery.